- How do I purchase shares of Tesla? Do you have a Direct Stock Purchase Plan?
- Tesla’s shares trade on the NASDAQ exchange, under the ticker symbol TSLA. To purchase shares, you will need to do so through a broker. If you do not have a brokerage account, you will need to open one. At this time, Tesla does not have a direct stock purchase program.
- Can Tesla comment on a move in its share price or provide investment advice?
- Unfortunately, we cannot comment on moves in our share price or offer investment advice.
- Does Tesla pay a dividend? Does it plan to?
- Tesla has never declared dividends on our common stock. We intend on retaining all future earnings to finance future growth and therefore, do not anticipate paying any cash dividends in the foreseeable future.
- When was Tesla's initial public offering (IPO)?
- Tesla's initial public offering was on June 29, 2010. The IPO was priced at $17 per share.
- Can I obtain a stock certificate for my Tesla shares? Who is Tesla's transfer agent?
- The transfer agent and registrar for Tesla’s common stock is Computershare Trust Company located at 250 Royall Street in Canton, MA 02021. Their telephone number is (800) 662-7232. Please contact Computershare for any questions about receiving stock certificates for your shares.
- For SolarCity shareholders, what is the stock basis impact of the merger for tax purposes?
- Please see IRS Form 8937:
- What are the CUSIP Numbers for Tesla's stock and convertible bonds?
- The CUSIP number for Tesla’s common stock is 88160R101.
For Tesla’s convertible notes outstanding, the CUSIP numbers are:
- 1.50% Convertible Senior Notes due 2018: 88160RAA9
- 0.25% Convertible Senior Notes due 2019: 88160RAB7
- 1.25% Convertible Senior Notes due 2021: 88160RAC5
- 2.375% Convertible Senior Notes due 2022: 88160RAD3
- 2.75% Convertible Senior Notes due 2018: 83416TAA8
- 1.625% Convertible Senior Notes due 2019: 83416TAC4
- When is Tesla's next quarterly financial report? How can I listen to the webcast?
- If a financial report date has been scheduled, all details will be posted here under
- How can I receive email updates from Tesla?
- An online form to set up an email alert subscription can be found here:
- Can Tesla mail financial documents to me?
- As a sustainable company, Tesla posts all investor information to its website at Investor Overview. Our quarterly update letters can be found at Download Library. Our SEC filings can be found at SEC Filings and at www.sec.gov. If you would to receive email alerts for new investor information, you may sign up to receive the information you prefer, at this link: Email Alerts. Finally, you can have printed materials mailed to you by completing a request on our Financial Literature Request page: Printed Materials
- Can I interview someone from Tesla?
- We receive a large number of requests for information, particularly in connection with student projects, and unfortunately are not able to respond to each one individually. This web site, however, contains answers to many of the most commonly asked questions about Tesla, our employees, and our business. Additional information may be obtained by reading our SEC filings.
Annual General Meeting:
- When and where is Tesla's Annual Meeting of Stockholders?
- Our 2017 Annual Meeting of Stockholders will be held at 2:30 p.m. Pacific Time on Tuesday, June 6, 2017, at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, California located at 1401 N. Shoreline Blvd., Mountain View, CA 94043.
- Who can attend Tesla's Annual Meeting of Stockholders? What do I need to bring to be admitted?
- You may attend an annual meeting if you were a Tesla stockholder on the “Record Date” for that meeting and can provide photo ID and proof of stock ownership at the meeting. The “Record Date” for our 2017 Annual Meeting of Stockholders is April 13, 2017. Proof of stock ownership may include materials you receive from us or your broker (such as a broker statement) that lists you as a Tesla stockholder, but depends on your form of ownership. Please refer to our proxy statement relating to the particular meeting for additional details. Our proxy statement relating to the 2017 annual meeting is available at: SEC Filings.
- What is the agenda for Tesla's Annual Meeting of Stockholders?
- Our 2017 Annual Meeting of Stockholders will be held at 2:30 p.m. Pacific Time on Tuesday, June 6, 2017, at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, California located at 1401 N. Shoreline Blvd., Mountain View, CA 94043. Our proxy statement relating to the 2017 annual meeting is available at: SEC Filings.
- How do I submit a stockholder proposal for Tesla's Annual Meeting of Stockholders?
- Stockholders may present proper proposals for inclusion in Tesla’s proxy statement and for consideration at the next annual meeting by timely submitting their proposals in writing to Tesla’s Corporate Secretary at 3500 Deer Creek Road, Palo Alto, CA 94304. Please refer to our proxy statement relating to the particular meeting for additional details, including other requirements that must be satisfied. The deadline by which stockholder proposals for potential inclusion in the proxy statement relating to the 2017 Annual Meeting of Stockholders must be received was December 21, 2017. The period during which a notice of a stockholder of such stockholder’s intent to present any business at the 2018 Annual Meeting of Stockholders must be received will start on February 4, 2018 and end on March 6, 2018.
- How can I vote my shares without attending the Annual Meeting of Stockholders?
- If you are a Tesla stockholder on the “Record Date” for an annual meeting, you may vote your shares without attending such meeting via Internet, telephone or mail. Please refer to our proxy statement relating to the particular meeting, or any other proxy materials you may receive from us or your broker by mail or email, for additional details. Our proxy statement relating to the 2017 annual meeting is available at: SEC Filings.
- Where can I find the voting results of the Annual Meeting of Stockholders?
- We publish final voting results in a Current Report on Form 8-K, which are filed with the SEC within four (4) business days of the annual meeting. Our proxy statement relating to the 2017 annual meeting is available at: SEC Filings.
- When was Tesla incorporated?
- Tesla was incorporated on July 1, 2003
- What is Tesla's fiscal year?
- Tesla Motor's fiscal year is based on the calendar year. The last day of the fiscal year is Dec 31.
- Where is Tesla headquartered?
- Tesla’s corporate headquarters is located at 3500 Deer Creek Road in Palo Alto, CA 94304.
- How many employees does Tesla have?
- We disclose employee headcount annually in our 10K. At December 31, 2016, Tesla had 30,025 employees.
- Who are the principal members of Tesla's management team?
- The primary members and bios of Tesla’s management team can be found here:
- Who are the members of Tesla's Board of Directors?
- The members and bios of Tesla’s Board of Directors can be found here:
- How can I contact Tesla's Board of Directors directly?
- An online form to contact the Board of Directors can be found here:
- Who are Tesla's independent auditors?
- Tesla’s independent registered public accounting firm is PricewaterhouseCoopers
Product / Technology:
- How can I receive information concerning Tesla's latest product offerings and updates?
- Details of our products can be found here:
- How can I get more information about the Gigafactory?
- More information surrounding the Gigafactory can be found here:
- When will the Solar Roof be available? How much will it cost?
- Tesla expects to begin taking orders for Solar Roofs in April 2017 with production beginning later in the year. Compared to regular roofs, we expect our solar roof to last longer, look better, and cost less than a traditional tile roof plus the cost of electricity.
Business / Strategy:
- What is Tesla's mission?
- Tesla’s mission is to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
- For more details, see https://www.tesla.com/about
- Why did Tesla enter the solar energy business through the acquisition of SolarCity?
- Tesla acquired SolarCity to create the world's only vertically integrated sustainable energy company that offers a complete portfolio of residential, commercial and grid-scale products that enable customers to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably, through a suite of integrated products that add aesthetics and function while reducing cost.
More details on the rationale behind the acquisition can be found here:
General / Other:
- General investor questions about Tesla or the company's common stock?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org